Monday, May 4, 2009

Do colleges really look ar your myspaces and facebooks??!!!?

Do colleges really look at your myspaces and facebooks? Do they research your aim conversations too? I just learned in government that they do. Like any normal teenager I curse in conversations and talk about innapropriate things. This got me really nervous. Since when is the patriot act a part of college admissions? I'm certainly no terrorist, is this what they are looking for?????? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! I am so frustrated I have a whole bunch of college stuff to do and this doesn't help.

Do colleges really look ar your myspaces and facebooks??!!!?
ANYTHING about you that is in the public domain is available to employers and schools. And is fair game.





Just set everything to private and you should be ok. And no they cannot look up your AIM conversations...without a warrant. Some people are really stupid posting some of the things they do online. You have to be very careful of what you post and then think who can see it.





EDIT: about your patroit act note....I've never, EVER heard that before. And btw, colleges arent part of the government, they dont have the ability to do use that.
Reply:Don't know about colleges, but I am an employer, and i look at them. I have passed on hiring people because of some of the things i saw on their pages. Word to the wise, be careful what you share with the rest of the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment